Monday, September 16, 2019

Naked No More

Some think that if you go to church in just a shirt and tie without a coat, you are naked. About 6 years ago as we were building our log home, lightening struck our beach house and burned up our clothes in the bedroom closet  Since we were building our cabin at the time, I only bought a bare minimum of clothes as replacements. That meant I have been going naked to church with a white shirt and tie but no jacket.

I know that the Prophet Isaiah was told to walk around preaching naked for 3 years to get the attention of the Israelites (Isaiah 20:2-3), but our daughter Kim thought that my 6 years of nakedness was a bit extreme. So on her last visit, we went out and bought a coat to go with my white shirt and tie. 

Here's the results. The bow tie is one that survived the fire. As it is the only thing I inherited from my father after he was killed when I was 8 years old, I wore it in his honor as I leave my nakedness behind.
It looks like I am ready to be a fully clothed preacher man. We'll leave the naked preaching to Isaiah. When I was a missionary in Germany, I found that I was most successful when I wore a light colored suit rather than looking like an undertaker with a black one.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! And I love that you have grandpa Thompson's bowtie. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look snazzy Daddy-o. I agree, the light suit coat gives a more energetic vibe thank black might have. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love the new look.

    ReplyDelete