Friday, November 4, 2011

Living dangerously

When I told the church's physical facilities a few months ago that I planned to get a ladder and replace the many burned out lights in the chapel because we couldn't see the speakers or read the music, I was warned, "Members aren't allowed to climb ladders at church." When the people they sent to change the bulbs brought out their ladders, I could understand the warning. The ladders are more like stilts. There is no top and no steps, just bars that you climb and stand on. I'm demonstrating how they stand at the top.

Then instead of climbing down to move the ladder to a new spot, they just tilt it back and forth and walk it to the new location as if on stilts. I didn't try that. It was scary enough just standing on it for this picture.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't try walking! That would have been the most fun part! Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete