Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
We've started the building process at Camp Thompson Ranch--at least we are putting in the well for the cows and horses. How can you call it a ranch without these? Here is grandma opening the gate with her helpers. Note how beautiful the pasture is.
Posted by Paw@: at 7:49 AM
Why is everyone jogging around the pool?
Posted by Paw@: at 6:51 AM
Monday, August 13, 2012
As the leaders for the Tribe of Mosiah in our Book of Mormon Youth Quest camping activity in July, we used candy to help cement in the minds of our youth the messages of the Book of Mormon stories they were reenacting.
Posted by Paw@: at 10:30 PM
2. Life Savers-Wint O Green-- Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life--the fruit is bright and white and delicious, filling your soul with joy, as happens when you suck on the Wint O Green and then breathe in through your mouth.The same happens when you live the gospel and keep the commandments.
3. Almond Joy--King Lamoni's conversion filled him with joy. You can help others feel the same joy.
4 Snickers--Everyone snickered at Samuel the Lamanite when he told the people that Christ was coming to America. Don't snicker when bishops or other church leaders give advice.
5. Sour Patch Kids--Alma the Younger, King Lamoni, and others. You can't judge people by the way they are before they are converted and repent. Just like when you suck on Sour Patch Kids, they may seem sour in the beginning but they are pure sweetness inside after they have repented.
6. Pay Day--Christ visiting America. Those who were faithful in spite of all the opposition they faced had a great payday when Christ appeared in America.You too will have a great payday from God if you stay faithful no matter what happens to you.
7. Kisses--Christ taught us to love one another.
How did you do? Will candy now have spiritual messages for you?
Posted by Paw@: at 10:10 PM