Thursday, November 5, 2020

A Halloween Baptism

Our fourth 8 year old to be baptized this year was Oliver. Although his birthday was at the beginning of the month, it took place on Halloween, Grandma Caroly gave one of the talks. We enjoyed visiting Aunt Gwen, age 90, who is my chief consultant for the family history of the Lallatins, Moffats, and McLeans that I am writing, I hoped to have it done by now but my tumble and brain surgery earlier this summer slowed things down, but I hope to have the first draft done by Thanksgiving. I had a great time sharing old timer stories with my brother Spencer. It was a bit chilly but no snow.

We visited the Layton Temple site to take rocks with our names on them to be placed in the concrete under the foundation.




We also hunted for ducks and geese in the city park.


The baptism went well.




That evening we went Trick or Treating and warmed ourselves around a campfire in the backyard. At one house we got hot dogs fresh off the grill, at another fresh donuts and hot chocolate. Everyone came home with lots of candy.




Of course we had to collect eggs from the chickens every evening. They were every color imaginable.



We made it back in time for me to work all day at a polling station for the national elections November 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment