Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Florida Christmas

In sorting through our things, we found our collection of bells. We now use a nice loud cowbell to call everyone to eat. The grandkids especially like bell ringing duty. In good Pavlovian style, I now get hungry as soon as I hear it.
Last year on Christmas eve, we moved into our log cabin so we didn't get to do our traditional Christmas Eve caroling. But this year we surprised the neighbors that we have visited with during the year with our lovely carols and a plate of warm cookies and banana bread.

One family was hosting a "low country boil" (clams, mussels, shrimp, oysters, potatoes, corn on the cob) for their extended family. They run the feed store that we visit every week so we know them quite well. They said they had prepared way too much food so they sent home a large plate filled to the brim. We decided to have it for breakfast. It was delicious. I didn't need the cow bell this time to get me ready for breakfast as I had dreamed about it all night.

Oh, yes, the records say that this was the warmest Christmas day ever for Bunnell! Too bad that I don't have my pool yet.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! And fun to have found some of your favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete