Saturday, November 27, 2010

Az elsö hó--the first snow

Look at what greeted us this morning! It was a combination of ice and snow so we'll have to wait for the sun to come out to get into the car. I may need to stop wearing my Florida pajamas when I go outside. The way I remember that hó means snow, I think of Santa saying "ho, ho, ho."


Would this be a good back up if we can't use the car?


When it gets cold, we are supposed to wear a "culturally appropriate hat." We went to TESCO to check them out. Which of these do you like the best?






How about a muff instead?



I decided to look around some more before I decide. How about this one I found at the Christmas market? Looks like something from Frontierland in Disney World, about right for a Floridaboy.


You can't get more authentically Hungarian than this! How about the fur coat? I'd probably scare away everyone I'd try to stop for a conversation.


I think I'll stick with the hat that my Hungarian missionary daughter Bonnie made for me--she thought it was "culturally appropriate."

3 comments:

  1. Heather votes for the Hello kitty ear muffs they are so you!
    Norm votes for the pink hearts just to get a rise from the Pres!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go with the last had, right above the pink earmuffs? That's my fave. You look very cultural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely vote for the last black hat or the second one. You really look with those on just like a Hungarian :)
    I hope you don't mind I just came across to your blog.
    I am originally Hungarian from Nyiregyhaza, but married to Latvia to a Latvian :) If you'd ever have a chance to visit to my hometown then you could meet my mom. She is also a church member.

    ReplyDelete