Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Boldog születésnapot--Happy Birthday


It was mom's birthday. Since we are always together, I couldn't get her a surprise present to show I hadn't really forgotten. My chance came when I went alone into the gas station to pay for the gas we just put in the car. Luckily, they had this horse book on sale by the cash register--so she still got a surprise gift. As she eagerly looks up the new words, she can learn the horse words she needs to chit chat with the cowboys we meet. I'm sure they'd make good bishops too.


She decided to celebrate Filipino style--throwing a eating party. I almost forgot to get a picture of the food. (I was too busy enjoying it.) Can you see the lumpia, pancit, adobo, lechon and rice? For dessert we had halo-halo, which we made by putting flan on top of chopped up fruit and topping that with raisin peanut ice cream and whipped cream.


Here mom is enjoying her food with some of our guests, Erika, our landlady, and her son Csaba. The food was great and everyone had a great time. Mom says she was so energized that she doesn't feel a year older.

No comments:

Post a Comment